Rossfeld Panoramic Road
The journey on the most mountainous panoramic road in Germany will give you an unforgettable experience. The road is located at 1600 meters above sea level and part of its route goes through the territory of Austria.
Beauty all year round
A drive up the Rossfeld Panoramic Road takes you to an elevation of some 1600 m (5600 ft) where the alpine setting of the Berchtesgadener Land couldn't be more spectacular.
A large parking area located along the crest commands undisturbed views of the most spectacular mountains of the Berchtesgaden and Salzburg area. The toll road is open year-round.
Salzburg from the bird's-eye view
During the journey you watch the life of rural areas in the Alps and to see the city of Mozart - Salzburg - from the bird's-eye view. You will see the beautiful landscapes, panoramas of alpine meadows, snow caps of mountains, green forests. On the road, there are many areas where you can stop and admire the mountain scenery.
- Length: 15,4 km
- Height in the area of the crest section: 1 570 m
- Lane width: 7-9 m
- Number of bridge structures: 14
- Longest bridge structure (leaning vault crest section): 135 m
- Tallest bridge structure (PrielGrabenbrücke): 20 m
- Length of the retaining walls: 1 600 m
- Total snow depths in a winter period on the summit section: ca. 580 cm